Each year Jessup Elementary has a pumpkin decorating contest. Grades K-3 and 4-6 are grouped together. Out of those groups there is a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner, and one Grand Prize winner.
For the past 3 Years - Alexis has been the Grand Prize Winner! After winning each year I tell Alexis ~ It is pretty hard to top the Ladybug Pumpkin or the Hamburger Pumpkin. (That was her K and 1st grade decorated pumpkin winners) So today I find out that she won the Grand prize again. We created a bubble gum machine. We started about a week ahead of time because Alexis had to first paint the pumpkin white and then we had to glue buttons on it so I knew that it would take a while. Anyway, she is the reigning champ 3 years straight! And yes, I told her again tonight "Alexis, I don't know that we will be able to win grand prize next year"
Joseph also decorated a pumpkin - this year he created a baby girl pumpkin and named her Josephine :0) Joseph also placed in the contest - I am not sure if it was 1st, 2nd or 3rd. I will find out tomorrow. I must say that his was REALLY cute.
Here are some pictures of the pumpkins - (Joe posed with his pumpkin but Alexis had just thrown a HUGE fit because she wanted her hair curled before school and I didn't have time so her eyes were red from crying. She said that she didn't want to be in a picture looking like that - for all who know Alexis and her stubbornness - I am sure you are not shocked by her attitude)
Joe and "Josephine" - Alexis' Bubble Gum Machine
2 comments:
I think they are both really cool! Very creative they both are :) What is holding Alexis pumpkin??
Very Cool!!!! Tell them both congratulations for me! Really love the creativity! (Did WFCU do their competition this year???).
Post a Comment