It has been over a month since I have blogged - I have to tell you that I really have missed it.
We have been so busy that I haven't had the time to sit down and write. The kids have been busy with school and sports. Both Joe and Hailey played basketball with the 6th graders at their elementary school. They both did very well.
Joe has been working on a History Day project and this project is a big job. He started it in October of last year and the mock judging is tomorrow. This makes science fair look like a kindergarten project! Clint and I will be so thankful when it is over. They meet at school on Fridays and then a parent and the child has to meet at the library every Monday to work on the project. Joe created a website and we are uploading our last interview tomorrow and we should be ready to roll. Keep him in your prayers for the competition he has worked hard and hopefully it will pay off. In addition, Joe has been practicing 3 times a week for baseball season. The first tournament is March 20th so it is right around the corner.
Alexis is still working hard in school and in gymnastics. She still goes to practice Mon. - Thurs. from 6-8:30 pm. Clint and I weren't sure how it would play out because it is such a commitment and hard work. She has done extremely well. It was tricky in the beginning trying to get homework completed, dinner eaten and showered before hand. But, we have figured it out and all is well. She did 50 push ups the other day. It is amazing that she is so little but so strong!
Hailey is working hard in school and has been practicing on a play. She tried out for a few different roles and got a part. She has her performance in a few weeks. She also has a choir performance coming up in a few weeks too. She will be starting volleyball with the 6th grade girls at her elementary school next week. She is really excited for this. She enjoyes playing volleyball.
As you can see, we are busy busy busy but loving life and still stay focused on our family. Joe and Hailey completed their Junior High Schedules a few weeks ago too. They are both really excited to go to Junior High - Joe admitted that he is a little nervous. But, I think they will both do very well. As always, girls are pretty dramatic and that makes it hard at times but Hailey is a great kid and will overcome the obstacles of hormones and drama. Hopefully Clint and I will. With two preteens life can be very interesting. That explains our gray hair and wrinkles.
See our post below - they went on a ski trip on Valentine's Day! Hope all reading this are well.
No comments:
Post a Comment