
Today was the 2nd day of school - At 2:30 pm I get a call from the school telling me that Alexis is in the office crying and saying that her head and throat hurt. The first thought that came to mind is "Crying Wolf" ~ Alexis wasn't overly thrilled with her first day of school so I thought maybe this was her idea to come home. Interrupting my thought, the school nurse said she had a 102 degree fever. Yikes
Of all the days....I was short staffed at work today so thankfully Clint was able to pick her up and he ran her to the Cheyenne Children's Clinic for a throat culture. Both Joe and now Alexis are what I call "Strep Kids". I think Joe had strep every 3 to 4 weeks. It seemed as soon as he finished one antibiotic he would start feeling bad and guess what??? He would have strep again. Eventually, his tonsils were removed and life has been smooth sailing for him. Alexis on the other hand is now following in his footsteps and her strep test came back positive today!
So, she missed the end of her 2nd day and won't be able to go tomorrow. She will have a 3 day weekend. In addition, she missed her 2nd soccer game this evening. Thankfully, by tomorrow night she should be able to go to team gymnastics practice and play in her soccer game on Saturday.
For all of you parents out there ~ School is in session, let the germs begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment