Saturday, October 10, 2009

Our First Family Haunted House

Last night was our first family trip to a haunted house. Years before Clint and I would take Joe to the Cheyenne Goblin Walk which is lots of fun but the girls (Hailey and Alexis) either couldn't handle it or weren't ready yet. We ended up taking Hailey out twice in tears years before. This year I mentioned to Clint that we should try to take them all to the Haunted House down town in Cheyenne. He thought it was a good idea too!
Last night after dinner we headed in that direction - Joe was feeling good about the whole thing, thinking he is the king of scary since he attends the Goblin Walk every year. Hailey was pretty freaked out beforehand as she does not handle anything scary very well. Alexis was excited but scared. She seems to talk a lot of junk when she was scared and she had diarrhea of the mouth on the way there - indicating nerves!

When we got in there they all did well - The funniest part is that Joe was the most scared. He even admitted in the truck on the way home that it FREAKED him out! He clung to the back of my coat so tight that I thought he was going to choke me. The girls both did well and made it through without tears and even enjoyed it. I must admit that it is much scarier than the Goblin Walk. Joe and I decided that it is because it is such a confined space, you cannot run out - there is no where to run!

1 comment:

Jody said...

that is so very cool!