Friday, August 15, 2008

Fusion Pictures


I went to see my doctor earlier this week to give him a progress report. He sent me to take a couple x-rays of my lower back to see how the healing process was going. I got an electronic copy and have included two pictures. The first is a head-on view. It shows the screws and the titanium rods used to stabilize my back. If you see the shadow to the sides of the titanium, that's the bone fusing and providing additional support for my lower back.


This next picture is a side view of the hardware. It kinda creeps me out to think this is in my back!!! If you're thinking this may set off metal detectors, my doctor said for some people it does, while for others it doesn't.






My doctor was pleased with my progress. Since this week, I have been doing Physical Therapy in the pool. I am now on dry land!!!! In my doctors words, "It's time to test the waters" referring to me now doing more and more things like I used to. I'm up to lifting 30 pounds, can mow the lawn and vacuum as well as other things. Thank goodness I'll be able to help Mel out more now.
Anyway, I wanted to share part of my inner self and thought this would be the best way!!

No comments: