As today comes to an end, I am thankful ~
Normally I find myself wishing I had just a few more hours in a day ... today is not one of those days.
It seems that time today has moved very slowly and as hard as I have tried to keep my mind on other things I feel very deeply, in my heart and soul, the absence of my Mother. She passed away 8 years ago today.
Throughout the day, I debated on whether or not I mention this on the blog but decided that yes, I should. This is an important part of my life, and it too reflects who I am. My Mother was a brave woman who fought hard to live a normal life and although she had more bad days than good days, she was an amazing Daughter, Mother, Grandmother and Friend. I pray that she can see the happenings in my life and I know that if she does, she is smiling ~ I have a wonderful husband, 3 amazing children and have friends and family who look out for me in her absence. (Thank you Omi , Aunt Karin, Aunt Lisa and Peep Sr., and my sweet husband Clint, for your kind words today - you touched my heart when I needed it most)
The poem below is one that she loved and would recite ~ I had it etched on her tombstone and wanted to share it with you.
Ample Make This Bed
Ample make this bed.
Make this bed with awe;
In it wait till judgment break
Excellent and fair.
Make this bed with awe;
In it wait till judgment break
Excellent and fair.
Be its mattress straight,
Be its pillow round;
Let no sunrise' yellow noise
Interrupt this ground.
-- Emily Dickinson
Be its pillow round;
Let no sunrise' yellow noise
Interrupt this ground.
-- Emily Dickinson
1 comment:
I thought of you today, and was unsure of what to say or how, so just know that while I am not great at words at times like these, you were in my thoughts and prayers! Love Ya Miss! Jody
Post a Comment